Pages

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Book Review: Notice - K Webster





I didn’t notice her before…but now I do.
The shiny strands of gold in her silky brown hair.
Tiny crinkles between her eyebrows when she frowns.
Her passion for neatness.

Once I focus on her, I can’t take my eyes from my newest obsession. Ever.
I need to know everything about her.
Her past. Her present.
The way she takes her coffee.
Exactly how she smells after a spritz of perfume in the mornings.

She’s perfect in every way and I was blind.
But, God, now do I see.

I notice the organized way she arranges her clothes in her closet.
How she visits the same market each Saturday.
The sounds of her breathing as I lie beneath her bed in silence.

Violet is mine.
She just doesn’t know it yet.


*WARNING*
Notice is a dark and unusual romance. Extreme sexual themes and violence in certain scenes, which could trigger emotional distress, are found in this story. If you are sensitive to dark themes, then this story is not for you. If you aren't into super obsessive stalkers, then this story is not for you.



Amazon

UK

CAN

AUS

Apple

Nook

Kobo

Goodreads




This isn’t the first book of K Webster that I read. After Pretty Stolen Dolls I’ve been hooked with K’s writing. And in all honesty, she is slowly crawling into my got o authors. She can make the bad look good and question me with both my sanity and morality.

 

I decided to open this review with my love for K Webster just so you know that this is kind of hard for me to write. When I first read Notice’s blurb, it was so promising. And knowing it was from K makes it all the more exciting. So imagine my disappointment after I read the book. I honestly wanted to write something better than this. I’ve been reading a lot of good things about the book. And I would really like to like the book. A part of me questions if I just missed out the whole point of the story or most of the reviews and feedbacks I read was just from avid Krazies. I’m leaning into the former.

 

The plot was okay and something new. But I was kind of looking for more depth into it. I just can’t seem to understand what exactly happened and why. I was hoping for a more in-depth feels, the way I usually feel with Webster’s writing. I was already halfway thru the book and I’m still feeling nothing. I was hoping for some twist up until I was only one-third off the book. don’t get me wrong. It was exciting and intriguing, but I don’t think this is one of Webster’s greatest works.

 

The characters are just fine. Dark as they can be, just like how Webster mostly write her characters and I’m okay with that. i don’t know if it was because I was from a different country and the explanations are a little subtle that I didn’t quite get how they tick. But despite that, Gray is an A+ stalker, hands down. I would never have the guts to do that, but he did with so much gusto. I don’t know what to feel about Violet though. She is somewhere between likable and someone I’d like to shake for doing what she did.

 

Overall, I’d still give this a 3 star, just because of the little twist at the end. I mean, I didn’t quite expected that. maybe I was just expecting too much from K Webster as I have seemed to love all her works even the Taboo May-December love affair. So it was kind of disappointing for me that I wasn’t able to like something with a plot as promising as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment