Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Book Review: Enzo - K Webster



Title: Enzo
Author: K Webster
Genre: Taboo Romance
Series: Taboo Treats, Standalone
Release Date: January 28, 2019



Jenna’s grown up in the system.
Forced to be tough, wary, and hard.

She’s only been able to count on herself.
Until Enzo.

He’s much older and responsible for looking after her.
What should be a job to him, evolves into much more.

Late night phone calls.
Lingering touches.
A forbidden fire that burns brighter each day.

Everything about him exudes strength.
His will to protect her is more than she could ever ask for.
Sadly, though, even heroes have their limitations.

But she doesn’t need a hero.
She just needs him.



Available in KU!


Amazon


Amazon UK


Amazon CA


Amazon AUS


TBR






I recently stopped signing up for Dark and Taboo reads. But for some reason, I found a Enzo on my Kindle app waiting for me. I may have signed up during my sleep? Good thing I did.

I'm not sure if this one is just a quick read or if I just had a lot of time in my hands back when I read it. I read and gobbled everything up in less than 4 hours. I can't remember the last time I read that quick. The plot and storyline was quick and on point. It piqued my interest and didn't have a huge lull that would prompt me to put it down. The twist wasn't really something I expected on the get go, but appreciated nonetheless. Although, It did lack a little "taboo" in there. I think it was something that could easily be fixed and negotiated seeing as what their set up was. But I could be wrong, since it's not really a part of the culture where I came from.

I like how fierce Jenna is when it comes to what she wants and the people she loved. Having to go thru all those hardship would really toughen her, but soften her heart as well. Enzo on the other hand is just as perfect with all those empathy and understanding. It's really nice to find nice guys in romance novels. As good as a broken alpha male is, it's still refreshing to see that there are still good men out there that isn't trying to hide in to something they're not.

Overall, I'll give this a 3.5 star. Entertaining but lacks a little twist to make it more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment