Pages

Friday, September 27, 2019

Book Review: Serenading Heartbreak - Ella Fields



Title: Serenading Heartbreak
Author: Ella Fields
Genre: NA Romance
Release Date: September 25, 2019


My first love was my brother’s best friend.

A lead singer in their band.
A picture of rugged perfection.
And a drunk soul mate who couldn’t commit.

My second love was an arrogant baseball player.

A player in every sense of the word.
A smooth-talking, reliable best friend.
And a chance at something beautiful and true.

The problem with having a first and second love?
That would be loving them at the same time.

My story isn’t some sexy triangle.
It’s exquisite agony.

Fate gave me two men to love,
but none of us knew which one I could keep.



Amazon US

Amazon CA

Amazon UK

Amazon AU



BookBub

Goodreads




Ella Fields never seizes to amaze me with her words. After all the angst in her novels, I literally had to find a LOL book. My heart couldn’t just take more from her. Now she releases another book to tear me apart. Who am I if not a sucker for punishment? Serenading Heartbreak is only the fourth book I read from Ella Fields but I can’t find the right words to describe how she’s slowly creeping up my authors list.

Serenading Heartbreak is different from other books that I’ve read. I’ve been racking my brains but came out emptyhanded when I tried recalling if I have ever read a story as raw as this. We’ve read a lot of love triangles but this is more than words can actually explain. This is the first book, I think, that I have been so indecisive on who I was rooting for. First person POV with only the girl’s side of the story doesn’t even help in trying to figure out what comes next. The twist comes at just the right time that will have you gasping for air just to absorb what just happened. My mind was on a whirlwind having to figure out what I wanted. I wanted to stop but yet I keep on flipping the page hungry for more knives to stab my already bleeding heart. It was just beautifully written and perfectly ended. You may think you’ve got it figured out, but the changes in events will have you second guessing your thoughts until you reach the end of the line.

I’ve been so invested in all the characters because they speak to me, to the readers. I loved Stevie. Then there she goes doing something I didn’t exactly agree on and I wanted to shake some sense to her. I may not have agreed on most of her decisions, but she was beautifully written in a way that she’s hard to hate. Then there Everett –our troubled, bad rocker. Who doesn’t love them? Despite and because of their flaws, we love them. But don’t we also love some sweet, charismatic playboy athlete who’s been her friend and confidante where she can just be herself? Yes, that’s Aiden right there. So tell me? how are we going to choose between them? It was painful and confusing, it made my head hurt. Which is exactly the reason why I loved them so much. They made me feel so alive. So connected to the story.

Overall, I’d give this 4.5 stars out of 5. It’s almost there. I just wished I shed more tears. More being the keyword










No comments:

Post a Comment