Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Book Review: Solo Flight



Read 22 April 2015

I have been single (single = not in a relationship) for the last three years. Because I am in, almost, my late twenties, most of my friends and batch mates are either getting married or starting their own family. In as much as I am happy with being single, there are still instances that I tend to “envy” those people who have the courage to settle down. Every now and then, I would rethink my decision to break up with my non-believer boyfriend of five years.

Then I read “Solo Flight”. This book made me realize that it is better to be single for the right reason than be in a relationship with the wrong person. Seeing it in another person’s perspective enlightened me that it is okay to be alone. The book tackles a lot of scenarios and stories of other people and why they are still single. It discusses the role of different situations in making a person “single”. Although I was not able to fully relate (at least not entirely) to any of the stories mentioned, reading the book actually made me feel better on my choice. I will admit that I still get that nagging feeling now and again, but the book actually inspired me to the point that I always end up extinguishing that feeling.

The book introduces me to a more God-loving relationship with myself before all else. I would definitely recommend this book to those single people pressuring themselves to settle down. Overall, I’d still give this a 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment