Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Book Review: Pretty Lost Dolls - Ker Dukey and K Webster

Read 23-25 November

Synopsis

Benny had a dolly who was sick, sick, sick.
Just like him, his dolly needed darkness as a fix, fix, fix.
So they tormented and hunted and played tricks, tricks, tricks.
Together their sins a lethal mix, mix, mix.

Until Benny missed his dolly who was lost, lost, lost.
He needed to find her and love her at any cost, cost, cost.
Not wanting him and his dolly to be alone, lone, lone.
He made plans to bring his dirty dolly, home, home, home.

Have you ever touched another’s soul with the essence of your own, breathed them in so they become apart of you?
I have.
Finally starting to live, feel and fall in love, amongst all the chaos surrounding me.
Dropping my guard and letting another into my heart.
I left my soul open.
I left my heart open.
I left the door open.
And he stole me.
Dillon…I’m sorry.

Published 28 November 2016




Review

I don’t normally pre-order stuff. But after reading Pretty Stolen Dolls, I just had to. I wonder how I survived those couple of long weeks waiting for this book to be released. I just got lucky receiving an advance copy to read and review.

This is yet another mind-blowing ending for the series. I’m actually running out of adjectives to describe the book. It was well written in a way that you wouldn’t want to put the book (or my phone for that matter) down until you’ve finished every last word. I may have been too alert to have caught on the twist. But even then, I was all like “I knew it! I knew it!” It was all so surprising and extraordinary. It was also fast-paced and without a dull moment. It was able to actually live up to reader’s expectation of a good sequel. The suspense it had for the reader is just enough to tickle curiosity and make them read more and more. It devours your soul and crushes them into pieces.

The characters also portrayed a very good role of loving the story plot. They were made there for a reason. And not one bit of them was wasted. You can’t help but love to hate the villain and love the heroes. They were written in such a way that you get to see everything in their eyes. It also helped that it was written in multiple POV that you get to see the whole picture. I’m so thankful that I got the outcome that I sort of hoped for after joining the PSD spoiler group. I also enjoyed meeting a new book boyfriend at the most unlikely of places. Dillon is definitely added on my book boyfriend list.

The twist may have been something unexpected for some, it was just how I like it to be especially if they aren’t really planning on adding another book in the series. Otherwise, I may have been doomed! Just to state the obvious, I’m rating this 5 out of 5 dolly stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment