Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Book Review: Pretty Stolen Dolls - Ker Dukey and K Webster

Read 27-28 September 2016

Synopsis

Benny loves his pretty little dolls.
As long as they do exactly as they're told.
He keeps them perfect by brushing their hair
and gives them pretty dresses to wear.
He likes to toy with them late at night.
One so timid but the other likes to fight.
When his favorite doll runs away...
despite the other doll promising to stay,
his heart becomes broken and he can't help but cry.
He wants her back home or his pretty little doll must die.

Have you ever had to make a decision that haunts you every single day for the rest of your life…the life you stole back?
I have.
I ran for my survival, rocks and twigs cutting into the soles of my feet, my lungs burning and screaming for rest, every muscle tensed and fighting along with me for existence.
I left her.
I ran, ran, ran—from Benny and his lone, pretty little doll—until I couldn’t remember where to find them again.
I’m sorry.

Published 26 September 2016




Review

I’ve been seeing this book promoted by one of my favorite authors and an admin of one of the groups I’m in. But for some reason, and maybe because of the fact that this is only $0.99 at the time, I one clicked and preordered.

I haven’t read a really good heart stopping suspense thriller for some time now. This book kept me up all night (or afternoon for that matter). First, it made me miss my stop going home. Then it made me miss my sleep that afternoon. I should be preparing for an 8-hour shift and I only had 3 hours of sleep. It’s been a long time since I let sleep pass in exchange of reading a book. Recently, I’d let my exhaustion get into me. But this book make me want to forego sleep altogether. My hands and feet were clammy with sweat. And I think I held my breath more times than I could count.
I also loved Dillon Scott. I think I found a book boyfriend in him. It’s kind of weird, but you’ll never really expect where you can find your next book boyfriend.

I also loved the twist on the plot and *insert spoiler here*. It boggled my mind so much that I had to think back on all the other scenarios and hated myself because it’s actually right there in my face and I didn’t see it. It was just amazingly written.

My heart’s still pounding way after I've read it. And even though I kind of hate myself for not listening to my gut feel when it said that I wouldn’t like how this will end, I would still definitely give this five out of five stars. I wouldn’t hold it against the book or the author if I suck at waiting. I don’t normally read on unfinished series, but this is just too hard to resist. It’s been a while since I last felt this about a book. Kudos!

No comments:

Post a Comment