Pages

Monday, November 27, 2017

Book Review: What Happens During the Holidays (Anthology)



Title: What Happens During the Holidays
Authors: E.M. Abel, Renee Ericson, Lucy Gage, Jessica Ingro, Kelli Jean, Elle Jefferson, Cheryl McIntyre, Beth Michele, Tessa Teevan, & K. Webster
Genre: Romance Anthology
Release Date: November 27, 2017



Holidays happen.

It's inevitable.

Emotions run high and plans can get turned upside down, landing you in bed with someone so far off the radar you never saw them coming.

Is it love? Is it lust? Or is it just what happens during the holidays?

*What Happens During the Holidays is a collection of fun and sexy holiday short stories from a group of fun and sometimes sexy authors. Or maybe they’re ninjas.*

All proceeds to benefit Direct Relief (https://www.directrelief.org)

Coming Home by E.M. Abel
Fortune by Renee Ericson
The Meeting by Lucy Gage
Love Square: The Remix by Jessica Ingro
Mahalo by Kelli Jean
Big Mistake by Elle Jefferson
A Gift from Fate by Cheryl McIntyre
Going Down by Beth Michele
The Naughty List by Tessa Teevan
Naughty St. Nick by K. Webster







PURCHASE LINKS – only 99c!

US
UK
CA
AU
Free in Kindle Unlimited

CONTRIBUTING AUTHORS


I think this is the first time I've read an anthology. And I'd say that this is a very good experience for me. 

The stories are short, sweet and sexy; a compilation of stories out of real life. Most of them were second chance stories, and I guess that's understandable so that it'll show some quick but acceptable love story. Most of them were somewhat similar in the flow of stories. There were just few (two to be exact) that stood out and get to me. 

One was Fortune by Renee Ericson. It's a little sad and talks about family code. The story flow was quick but fun. But what I liked the most was that it didn't wrap up in a cliche kind of way. At least not for me. 

The other was A Gift from Fate by Cheryl McIntyre. It has a little suspense/thriller on it. Short but I still could feel the little mystery​ until it unfolds. And I liked that it didn't have any sex scenes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not that prude. But sometimes it's just kind of refreshing to actually read something that isn't always sexual but will make you feel that they were in love. 

There were other two that ended in a way that I didn't expect that it makes me want to visit their page to see if they'll write more about them. 

Overall, i'll give this a 4 out of 5 stars for keeping me entertained and feel the spirit of the Holiday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment