Pages

Monday, April 30, 2018

Book Review: Lie to Me - Natasha Preston



Title Lie to Me
Author Natasha Preston
Genre Contemporary Romance
Release Date April 23



Now, she lives on her own and keeps to herself.

At nineteen, Kent Lawson’s girlfriend betrayed him, leaving him behind with a broken heart and a whole lot of mistrust in women.
Now, he lives on his own and shares himself with nearly every pretty thing that walks by but only for one night.

When Savannah and Kent meet, they can’t stand each other.

Kent knows she’s hiding something, and he despises liars.

And Savannah has nothing but secrets.





Goodreads

Amazon

iBooks

B&N

Kobo




Natasha Preston is one of the most flexible author I have read. She can either make you cry or keep you on your toes. Lie to Me definitely did not disappoint.

I like that the story actually delivered the blurb. It's kind of hard to sometimes read the blurb because they do not really say what you're in for. I liked the pacing od the story, not too fast or not too slow either. The story plot is not as usual as the other stories I read recently where things doesn't really go bad between the characters. I also liked that it portryed two different kind of family a person can have.

It's kind of hard for me to love a heroine. I mostly find them lacking. But Savannah is just different. Apart from her familial issues, which I can't blame her for actually, I like her personality and sass. I likw that even if she is a bit unsure of herself, she can still hold her own. Kent is also definitely going onto my never ending list of BBF. I like that he genuinely despised Savannah but still acted like a good person when the situation calls for it.

I would give this a definite 5 stars. A breath of fresh story frok the recent read I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment