Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Book Review: El Malo - K Webster



Title El Malo
Author K Webster
Genre Adult, Contemporary, Mexican Mafia, Romance
Publish date 27 April 2018



Javier Estrada is the king of Mexico.
Evil. Twisted. Psychopathic.
A cruel madman with a killer smile.
And he is my boss.

My duty is to blend in, clean his home, and not make a peep.
I’ve done my job well for years.
Imbedded myself so deep in his world, he’s never going to get me out.

But I am this king’s worst nightmare.
Bad men like him took everything away from me.
I will never forget.
He will pay for the sins of many.
I’ll just bide my time—watching, waiting, calculating—until the time is right.

When I strike, he won’t know what hit him.
The monster who rules Mexico with an iron fist may not bow to anyone…
But I’m not just anyone.

He will bow to me.



Amazon:

Amazon UK:

Amazon CAN

Amazon AUS

Goodreads




I've enjoyed a lot of K Webster books. But recently, i'm starting to feel that I'm losing her touch. That was before I read El Malo.

Webster really has a way to make "bad things" feel right. That's what I felt while reading it. I feel like I should be hating the hero but then I can't help myself to. I liked that there was a plot twist and not just a road to HEA. That's just a bit fictitious to me-- even for a fiction book. I like that the story was fast and slow at the same time. I just felt that the transition of the characters' feelings were a bit of a blur for me.

Personally, I didn't really like Rosa. At least personally. She's not something I wanted to be nor I wanted to be friends with. But I like her part in the story. Even if I wasn't able to connect with her, I'd still wouldn't want another character to replace her. Her characteristics are just right for the story build up. Javier on the other hand is a different story. I'm torn from putting him on my never ending BBF list or if I just want to leave him on the sidelines. He only proves that we should believe in goodness.

Overall, I'd give this 5 stars mainly because it restored my faith in Webster.

No comments:

Post a Comment