Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Book Review: Bane - LJ Shen



Title Bane
Author LJ Shen
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Sinner of Saint, Book 4
Release Date: May 10, 2018




Bane
Naked surfer. Habitual pothead. A con, a liar, a thief and a fraud.
Last I heard, he was extorting the rich and screwing their wives for a living.
Which is why I’m more than a little surprised to find him at my threshold, looking for my friendship, my services, and most puzzling of all—looking humbled.
Thing is, I’m on a boycott. Literally—I cut boys from my life. Permanently.
Problem is, Bane is not a boy, he is all man, and I’m falling, crashing, drowning in his sweet, perfect lies.
Jesse Carter
Hot as hell, cold as ice.
I wasn’t aware of her existence until a fat, juicy deal landed in my lap.
She’s a part of it, a little plaything to kill some time.
She is collateral, a means to an end, and a side-bonus for striking a deal with her be
tycoon stepdad.
More than anything, Jesse Carter is a tough nut to crack.
Little does she know, I have the f** teeth for it.



Download today or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!

Amazon US

Amazon Universal

Add to GoodReads




Bane is the fifth and I think last book for the Sinners of Saint series, and what a way to end it. Good job LJ Shen!

I've always loved my romance story to be bumpy and heartbreaking. For some reasons, I just enjoy it more than the happily ever after all the time. Maybe because I am a realist that I like it a little closer to reality. I loved the twist and how the bomb was dropped. The pace was good. Not too fast, but not draggy either. It also just the right amount of smut too. I also liked the fact that she didn't let the riches win. At least at one point, it showed that not every time that a rich kid get to get away with it. It gives me hope.

I've always adored BBFs who become a better person when they start to fall in love with their muse. And Bane is exactly that. I think Bane is my favorite Sinner. He is persistent with a heart. He lets Jesse bloom on her own and fight her own Battles. He doesn't feed her bullshit too. Jesse on the other hand is one though chick. Because of what happened to her, it takes a helluva lot of courage to stand up and take action.

Overall, I'm giving​ this a 5. Because, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment