Pages

Friday, June 28, 2019

Book Review: Forever and Never - Ella Fields


Title: Forever and Never
Author: Ella Fields 
Genre: NA Romance
Series: Magnolia Cove, Book 2
Release Date: June 26, 2019



Lars Bradby was supposed to be my forever.
That was before we found out he would become a father at the tender age of eighteen.

For years, he’d watched me.
For months, he’d wanted me.
For weeks, he’d chased me.

Relentless and infuriating, he turned my stubborn heart into something pliable and weak. 
Sly and honest, he worked his way into my life as though he’d always planned to be the focal point of it.

In love and naive, even when our future seemed bleak, I believed in us. 
Heartbroken and desperate, I tore my bleeding heart from my chest, wanting only the best for him.

In doing so, our forever wasn’t just interrupted. It was chased away with one irreversible decision after another. 
And now, we could no longer see it beneath the heaping piles of debris we’d left in our wake.

๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”






Ella Fields just did it again. Just when I thought I would get through without having to cry or break my heart, I was yet faced by another disappointment.

I've been seeing posts of how they were ruined by Forever and Never so I had to brace myself before diving in. I was starting to think that they either have been exaggerating or this book isn't really for me. But I was wrong. Why I thought my heart wouldn't break or that those tears wouldn't fall as I wade through Ella Fields's words is beyond me. Slowly, a hand was crushing into my heart, squeezing it oh so gently until it couldn't beat anymore, crushing it until it's dust. I liked that none of it was easy. Because it keeps you on the edge. Not knowing what'll happen next and if you're getting the ending that you badly need. It wasn't predictable. It wasn't smooth sailing. It was all the rough roads and the storms combined. If they got through it or not, you'd have to stick around to find out. Unlike other stories where you'd know what the ending would be and just a matter or how.

I like how Ella keeps her heroines level-headed. Yes, they make stupid decisions. But good looks and sex appeal doesn't really get them. Of course they can be attracted, but not the type of girl that forgets all rational thought just because they smell the hero. I also loved how they are equal in a sense. Not all damsel in distress where the guy have to do all the grovelling. They meet halfway. They compromise. The girl knows when she messed up and she knows when to suck it up or do something about it. The heroes are also something to learn from. No matter how obsessed and in love they may be, they show how human they are and that they hurt. They just don't forgive them at the first sight of tears.

This would be a 4.5 stars for me. Almost perfect. Had the heartbreak been at the first 50% of the book, I would've given this a 5. But I would definitely recommend this book. Worth losing a few hours of sleep.








No comments:

Post a Comment