Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Book Review: Suddenly Forbidden - Ella Fields




Title: Suddenly Forbidden
Author: Ella Fields
Series Gray Springs University, Book 1
Genre: NA Romance
Release Date: January 24, 2018


 I thought he'd always be mine,

even when I was forced to say goodbye.



We were never meant to let go,

but it happened anyway.

Too bad I didn’t know someone was waiting to take my place, or I would've held on a lot tighter.



Two years later, we were exactly where we'd always planned to be.

I'd kept my promise.

He'd forgotten all about his.

Not only had he moved on, but the person he'd moved on with was my best friend, leaving me to begin college with a broken heart.



I guess this is the part where I’m supposed to tell you some other guy stepped in, repaired my shattered pieces, and made me smile again.



This isn't that kind of story.



My heart might have been broken,

but it refused to fall out of love.



WARNING: this book contains cheating.





Amazon


Paperback


Goodreads




Ella Fields is a fairly new author to me. In fact, this is just the second book I've read from her. But with the way things are going, I wouldn't even be surprised when she joins the list of my favorite authors.

Suddenly Forbidden had me bawling my eyes out at just 30% in. Me being a cry baby doesn't really take that much to make me cry. But this one is different. The pain I was feeling was bone deep. Like I was feeling every bit of the pain the characters are going thru. The betrayal, the longing, the regrets. It was coming in full force, my heart doesn't even know how to acknowledge everything. It was even a bad decision (okay, no not really) to read the book before bedtime that I end up getting almost no sleep. But, let's be honest who doesn't want a bool that'll keep you up all night, right? The plot was definitely a nice road to take in. It was bumpy and painful. And although the last few chapters and the way things ended was a little too fast and too easy for me, the angst, heartbreak and tears for the better part of the book definitely made up for it.

The characters were very much relateable and easy to feel. It was as though they were real people with real emotions. It wasn't a struggle to be in their shoes. I liked how Daisy was both loving and fierce, forgiving and a fighter. Quinn on the other hand, may not be on top of mind book boyfriend and doesn't really make good decisions, but is definitely still someone to swoon over. He just knows the right things to say.

All in all, I would say that this is 4 stars for me. Definitely worth reading and recommending.



No comments:

Post a Comment