Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Book Review: The Irish Lottery - Sienna Blake



Title: The Irish Lottery
Author: Sienna Blake
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: June 18, 2019



Noah


Desperate times call for desperate measures. Our ma is sick and this lottery is the only way to raise that much money quickly.

But when my best friend in the whole world, the girl I’ve secretly loved for years, turns up as the winner I cannot believe it.

When I read the secret fantasy she’s submitted I almost choke.
She just wants us to give her what she’s never had…

…an O.

This could be the very thing I need to convince her that we should be more than friends. I could give her what she wants—the sexiest night of her life…and more.

I just hope she’s happy when she finds out who’s behind the mask.

The Irish Lottery is a full-length standalone friends-to-lovers contemporary romance.








I was kind of hesitant to read this at first. I've been avoiding dark and erotica recently and the blurb got me all mixed up. Plus, Sienna Blake is a first for me. But then someone I would trust to suggest a good book, that's you Terrie, assured me that this isn't dark. So I decided to take the plunge. And it was well worth it.

I was a little nervous in meeting the deadline though. You see, I only have 7 days to read a full length novel. I've been slacking with reading lately making me read as slow as 10 days for just one book. But then, all those fretting seems to be moot. I ended up with two hours of sleep, cramming with my report and nodding off at work. But, hey, no regrets. I kind of get into that one more chapter rush. I loved how the story went. It was something different. The plot was really catchy. That kind where you can't just have a bite. It's the kind that you need to devour whole. It was funny, it was heartbreaking, and a wake up call. I liked that it somehow deal with a social issue that I really believe in too. It was reality, fantasy and everything in between.

The characters aren't hard to love. They we're adorable in their own ways. And everyone gets to play a very essential part of how the story unfolds. I love the brotherhood. The way they bicker and argue but at the end of the day, they know they still have each other's back. Although Aubrey is one of those heroines I hate that all logic was sent flying out the window when the guy gets near, for some reason, I don't hate her as much. She has her own voice, her own stand and is willing to sacrifice her own happiness for the betterment of many. At least that's what she thinks. And don't get me started with Noah! Oh my! He is definitely going into the book boyfriend list. The way he loves. The fierceness of his passion. The way he would give everything for the first woman he loves and will forever love.

You may have guessed it by now. But if you still need me to spell it out for you, I'm giving this a 5 stars. Definitely wonderful read.




No comments:

Post a Comment