Pages

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Book Review: Fix Her Up - Carey Heywood





If Finley Reeves is an expert at anything, it’s making mistakes. She proved this true by falling for and marrying the wrong man. Ten years later all she has to show for it is a divorce and a broken heart.
Needing not only to get away, but also to start over somewhere new, she buys a fixer upper that’s one step away from being condemned. Deciding to tackle this project alone might be her biggest mistake of all.

That is, until Noah Thompson shows up at her front door like a knight in a shining tool belt. Determined she doesn’t need any help she pushes him away until he makes her an offer she’d be crazy to refuse



Read 22-24 May

I’ve been staring at the blinking cursor for a whole two minutes and can’t seem to work on an introduction for this, so I guess I’ll just dive right in.


I honestly don’t know what to expect when I started this book. Although this is not the first book I’ve read from Carey Heywood, i feel that I haven’t read enough to prepare me for what’s to come. Fix Her Up is a humorous light read. The story is as realistic as it could be. Although I read every so often to escaoe reality, it is still nice to read reality at your fingertips. And at least it wasn’t the clichéd Insta-Love. I liked how the everything played out at the right speed: not too fast but not too slow either. It’s pacing was just enough not to overwhelm you with the chain of events but not to slow to bore you and have you skip the next few pages.


I liked that Finley, despite being a bit broken, is not so much tainted that it affects her entire persona. I liked her positive outlook and the way she sees things in a brighter light. Noah’s kind heart and tough persona makes him a perfect package. Add up the fact that he knows his way around houses, is a plus points in my book. It was also nice that both families are supportive of their children. I rarely see a book that the parents are actually in good terms with the heroes AND heroines. Normally, one side tends to be the “bad guys”. It shows that it is possible to have a tight bond with your family despite everything you’ve been through.


I’d give this book 4 stars. It was entertaining and fun. Just a little more twist and heart stopping moments would’ve make it a five for me. But it is a recommended read nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment