Pages

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Book Review: Surviving Harley - K Webster






Taylor Cunningham is a diva talk show host who’s signed on for ninety days of marriage to a stranger.

All in the name of skyrocketing her career.

Harley Harrison is a bearded survivalist who’ll do anything to move past a broken heart.

Even if that means letting millions of people choose his perfect match and letting them televise his every move.

Opposites don’t always attract. Two people can’t be forced to be happy. And after nearly three months in marriage hell, they are counting down to the moment they can throw in the towel and divorce, without breaching contract.

But then everything changes in the blink of an eye.

One hot drunken night. A national scandal. Terrorists. Bombs. And total anarchy. This unlikely couple will be forced to work together…even if it kills them.

Will they survive and find love along the way?

Or is this marriage over in more ways than one?


***


From sexy stories with married couples fighting against outside forces to keep their happily ever after in the Sex & Vows series to unexpected pregnancies that lead to happy marriages in the Yeah, Baby series… the Sex, Vows & Babies world is full of over the top alphas, sassy heroines, insta-love, wedding bells, and growing families. Although the wide cast of characters in both series have managed to find the loves of their lives, there’s bound to be plenty more out there who could use Sex, Vows & Babies in their lives.

Keep up to date in the World’s Facebook group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/137016173464948/

And there’s already a couple book announcements for the world on our website at: http://www.fionadavenport.com/kindle-worlds/




Amazon: http://amzn.to/2n3fwil

Kindle World: http://amzn.to/2n36fH7




Read: 17-19 April 2017

This review has been long overdue. For some unforeseen events, I’ve signed up for the ARC but didn’t get to read it until few weeks back. Other things started to pile up and now I’m almost a month late. Anyway, here it goes.

K Webster never ceases to amaze me; from Dark Erotica, to RomCom and now this. Although I haven’t read all of her works, I seem to get something out of the things she writes. This novella is no exception.
I know the blurb was what initially hooked me into this. But because of all the blurbs I’ve read, I really can’t remember what this is about when I first dove in. and I was in for a big surprise. The story concept was something new. And although, you actually would have guessed what happens at the end, the twists will somehow make the journey worthwhile. It wasn’t really something that I have already read from the past. And it is kind of refreshing. There was a nice touch of thrill without it being too hard for the heart. Maybe I was just looking for more detailed scenes. Something to work on what was happening. But apart from that, everything was just the right amount.

The characters were built in a way that’ll get you to understand where they were coming from. It’s easy for you to get to love them. And you know that’ll end up somehow like that. But still get that surprise when they do what they do. Basically, their personality really did match. They were pretty much what we could’ve hoped for.

It kind of amazes me how K’s mind works. And considering that this is
a novella (of something I haven’t even read) and shows insta-love, I
still kind liked it. I’d give this a 4 out of five stars mainly
because I enjoyed the ride and the story was unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment