Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Book Review: Fighter's Kiss - Sienna Blake



Title: Fighter's Kiss
Author: Sienna Blake
Genre: MMA Romance
Series: Irish Kiss, Book 3
Release Date: October 1, 2019



Declan “The Homewrecker” Gallagher.
World #1 MMA Champion.
Broad shoulders, perfect eight pack and the temper of a bull.
Still recovering from a car accident that broke his body.
Still married to the cheating supermodel bitch who broke his heart.

…My new boss

I can’t even begin to list all the reasons why getting close to him is a bad idea.
Or going to that fancy red carpet thing as his date.
Or letting him kiss me like he might never let me go.

Did I say bad idea?
Scratch that.

Worst. Idea. Ever.



Amazon Universal


Read FREE with Kindle Unlimited!



I haven’t read much from Sienna Blake. But from the few books I read of hers, I could confidently say that she can write one helluva story.

Fighter’s Kiss was the third installment from the Irish Kiss series and a complete standalone. In comparison with the first two books, Darmuid and Danny were scarce on the story. They have a few appearances but not as much as the first two books. I liked how the story flowed and how things progressed. Although it was kind of an instant attraction, the story slowly builds up and not the typical insta-love and they lived happily ever after. It sometimes get tiring to read insta-love where they had this attraction at first meeting and they fell madly in love in just a span of a week. Fighter’s Kiss, although only progress in a span of few weeks, there were scenes that actually made them connected with one another apart from just the sexual tension. I also like that it crossed a little with The Irish Lottery. I think the only that I was missing was a little more angst. There was a little hitch on the journey, but it was just that a hitch. I was maybe looking for a little more fight.

The characters are easy to connect to. You would kind of understand why they act the way they do. Their decisions are mostly understandable given their past and the feelings their harboring. I just feel that River’s reason for running away isn’t established that much. Even though it was further explained what happened, it kind of doesn’t feel as big of a deal as they make it out to be. It felt a little lacking. Declan on the other hand, despite the tough exterior shows how soft he can be on the inside.

I’d give this an overall 4.5 stars. I just really think a little more angst in it made it perfect.











No comments:

Post a Comment