Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Book Review: What Do You See - K Dosal McLendon




Title: What Do You See
Author: K Dosal McLendon
Genre: Contemporary Sports Romance
Release Date: July 28, 2019


Claire
I believed I had my future all planned out.
College, track, friends, I mean, why wouldn't I? I was a nineteen-year-old girl in college with a dream of being an Olympian that wasn't too far within reach as a college top track star.
A jeep I could roll the windows down while the radio blasted as I sang off-key.28
My own dorm that gifted me privacy from my two triplet brothers.
I had it all.
But just like many, I took it all for granted. That's until my life turned upside down, and everything changed. I nearly became one more lost soul. Without the love of my family, friends, and a very charming soccer player, I would've truly lost myself in the process.
This is my story and how I began to see beyond what's right in front of me.
Funny, all I had to do was open my eyes.
The only problem is time.

Jake
I lived a life never truly paying attention to the world around me. I had my dad, my grams, and my soccer ball. I was perfectly fine with the way I lived life.
Why grow attached to things that can walk away?
That's until I saw her.
The girl I never thought I would find--the one who made me see in a different perspective.
​Oh, and how beautiful it is.



Amazon

Amazon UK

Add to Goodreads




I have recently shied away from authors that I don't really know or haven't read unless they were someone recommended to me by a friend or someone I trust with the taste of books. So I was a little hesitant when K Dosal McLendon contacted me to try her new book. Something in the blurb made me decide to give it a go even if I'm not sure I'll like it. My decision was proven correct when I was bawling my eyes out throughout the story.

The story tackles a lot of emotional and mental turmoil. Maybe it was my current emotional state but for some reason I was able to feel all the pain that the character was feeling. The emotions were so raw and powerful that I had to stop more times than I can remember just to let it all sink in. Absorb all the emotions and let it pass. It was even a bad idea to read at a public place. I kinda look a little pathetic with all the crying. But I just can't not read what happens next. Its insta-love is still a little baffling to me as it most often than a hit and miss for me. But the romance was built around so much feelings that I had to overlook that little flaw. Throughout the story, I was battling if I wanted her to surpass that trial triumphantly or have to go thru the pain and learn to live with it. Bottom line, I couldn't be much happier on how she decided to end things. My heart was properly shattered and the bits and pieces still hurts as I wade thru the plot line. It was so emotional that I can't stop bawling my eyes out.

The characters are very easy to connect to. You could really feel their pain, anguish and emotional turmoil. I loved how she have her brothers to take care of her. I've always loved a good sibling book. I like how they (the hero and heroine) bring out the best in each other and make them see beyond what was in front of them. I love how the characters (all of them) are created. They speak to you as though you are one of them. You can just feel them to your bones.

I'm giving this a perfect 5 stars. It may just have been my emotional and mental state at the time i'm reading it, but it did make me feel raw, unadultered emotions at the time and that's all that matters to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment